President of Red Fan Communications, Kathleen Lucente, was honored today with the “Communications Volunteer of the Year” award at the Austin Chamber’s 136th Annual Meeting. Lucente was recognized for her strategic public relations and social media efforts with the Chamber’s philanthropic initiative, Austin Gives.
“It’s such an honor to be recognized among other generous Austinites who are dedicated to making impactful improvements to our city,” said Lucente. “Thank you to the Austin Chamber for this award and for actively seeking unique opportunities for Austin to continue bettering itself with organizations like Austin Gives.”
Each year the Austin Chamber recognizes individuals in various industries who commit to donating their time and efforts to making Austin a better place to do business. Other recipients of the 2013 “Volunteers of the Year” award include:
- Rene Campos, “Ambassador of the Year”
- Doug Driskill, “Economic Development Volunteer of the Year”
- Shaun Cranston, “Education Volunteer of the Year”
- Susan Lily, “Federal/State Volunteer of the Year”
- Harvey Frye, “Innovation/Technology Volunteer of the Year”
- Mark Clayton, “Membership Volunteer of the Year”
- Paul Trahan, “Regional and Local Policy Volunteer of the Year”
- Ed Kargbo, “Regional Mobility Volunteer of the Year”
- Stan Homer, “Small Business Volunteer of the Year”
To find out more about Red Fan president Kathleen Lucente, read her bio here.