Still need convincing? Here are some interesting facts and helpful tips shared by PR Daily, Fast Company and Instagram about the social media platform and its impact.
1) Instagram has gained over 300 million active users since its 2010 establishment.
2) Facebook acquired Instagram in April 2012 for $1 billion in cash/stock.
3) The name "Instagram" is a portmanteau of "instant camera" and "telegram".
4) Hashtags are used to help attract other like-minded Instagrammers to your account. It’s recommended that you use more specific hashtags, instead of words like #photo or #food, in order to attract those looking for similar topics on the app.
5) When Instagram was released for Android in April 2012, it was downloaded more than one million times in less than one day.
6) An average of 70 million photos are shared through the app each day.
7) According to Fast Company, engagement on Instagram is 15 times that of Facebook's, with users spending an average of 257 minutes per month on the app.
8) Instagram ads have helped retailers increase their ad’s return on investment by 32 percent and brand awareness by 10 percent.
9) 49 percent of all Instagram users use the app every day.
10) Instagram receives 1,000 comments and 8,500 likes per second. That adds up to 1.2 billion likes per day.